How much does it cost to live in New Zealand? Living in a country that is not ours is always a difficult and expensive process; we have to face the costs of rent, food, transport. So that you can discover approximately what the cost of living in New Zealand is, I have broken down the expenses you will have each month.
How much does it cost to live in New Zealand every month?
The rents of the apartments that have 3 rooms are between 1,400 and 1,600 US dollars. If we want a better price, we will only have the option of sharing a flat or renting a one-bedroom apartment; In this case, I do not think you pay more than $ 1,000 / month. It is important to know if the expenses of the apartment (water, electricity, community …) have to be paid by the landlord or you, since they can amount to $ 135.The value of the square meter price in New Zealand is skyrocketing; in the center the square meter can reach values of up to 4,300 dollars. If we do accounts, we can see that buying a flat is almost unattainable for most people.
Be very careful when you go out to eat out there, as there are many places that can get you an important “nail”. The standard price for a dinner that includes two courses and dessert is $ 32. However, if you are going to eat at any bar and order the menu of the day, I do not think you have to pay more than 13 dollars. Eating at a fast food place like Burger or McDonald’s will cost you around $ 7.50.
Now let’s see what the prices of supermarkets in New Zealand are like:
- Using public transport is also very expensive, since a one-way ticket can cost you approximately $ 2.50. The monthly bonus (limited trips during a month) has a cost of 100 dollars.
- When you get into a taxi you will be charged $ 2.30 at the start, and approximately $ 2.20 more for each kilometer you travel.
- $ 1.35 is worth a liter of gasoline in New Zealand.
- An internet fee according to your needs may cost you about $ 60 per month.
- The tickets for the cinema have an exorbitant price, since they sell for 12 dollars, without including popcorn or soft drinks.
- The good thing is that everything is so expensive is that you will surely stop smoking, since the price of the pack of cigarettes exceeds $ 15.
- Also striking is the price of a bottle of Coca-Cola of 33 cl: $ 2.25.
- If you sign up for a gym, you should reserve about $ 40-45 per month.
The cost of living in New Zealand would be above $ 1,400 a month:
We have already seen how much it costs to live in New Zealand.