Are you predisposed to move to this city? If you are clear about your decision, you will have to see what the cost of living in Seattle is. A worker earns about 4 monthly average of the big ones; therefore, you will suppose that the prices will not be as in Spain or Latin America. Let’s see exactly how much money we would need if we want to settle in Seattle.
How much does it cost to live in Seattle every month?
I do not think that if you have less than 17 dollars you can go out to eat out. A dinner in a restaurant -middle category- of the city can cost you at the most 35 dollars, I would say between 30 and 35 to be more exact. However, if you have less than $ 10, you can order any of the menus offered at Mcdonald’s or other fast food places.
Perhaps the biggest expense we have – and therefore the most important – is the rent. With less than $ 1,600 you will not be able to rent even one apartment (which is in good condition) from a room. To be able to stay in a 3 bedroom apartment, the minimum they will ask for is 2,600 dollars. Also, when you see the bills that arrive from the floor, you may get scared, as they will be approximately $ 175.And now you wonder … how can I stay in Seattle at such prices? Obviously sharing a flat and renting a room will save you a lot of money. In addition, you can share expenses too.
You also have to keep in mind the expenses of the trip, and know that a trip in the metro, for example, can cost you $ 2.70. You also have another option: purchase a monthly subscription for $ 115. With this bonus you can get on buses and subways that circulate around Seattle without paying a penny. If you prefer to travel by taxi, you should know this information:
- Flag Drop = $ 3.10
- 1 kilometer by taxi = $ 1.85
- 1 hour in a taxi = 35 dollars
On the other hand, if you have your own vehicle you will have to pay for gasoline; 1 liter is equivalent to 0.77 $.
- Having to pay $ 11 for each pack of cigarettes may make you rethink if you want to stop the habit.
- $ 68 is what will be taken from your account each month for contracting broadband internet.
- If you want to go to a gym you will have to pay them every month about 55 dollars.
- Going to a movie theater you can spend 22 dollars (14 tickets + 8 soda and popcorn).
- If you cannot spend less than $ 1,500 / month you will not be able to leave your child in a kindergarten.