Despite not being one of the most famous countries in the world, we can assure you that Trinidad and Tobago can lead a relatively inexpensive life. In this post you will see the updated prices of the cost of living in Trinidad and Tobago. Do not forget that the official currency is the Trinidadian dollar, however, for less trouble, in this article we will put as a reference currency the US dollar. Let us begin!
How much does it cost to live in Trinidad and Tobago every month?
Seeing the price of the rentals we can see that to be able to stay in an apartment (1 room) you will need 450 to 580 dollars per month. However, rents for apartments that have 3 or 4 rooms have prices that can range from $ 790 to even $ 1,100. Currently the cost of water, electricity and gas of a floor of 90 square meters amount to 70 $.
In Trinidad and Tobago it is very common to go out to eat out. For that reason, the prices of bars and restaurants may exceed a little, but in principle nothing that you cannot assume. For you to have a reference, 28 dollars is approximately so you will have dinner at a restaurant in the country. In fast food places it is much more affordable to eat, because for about $ 6.50 you can stay well.
Let’s take a look at the supermarkets in Trinidad and Tobago:
A ticket to use any means of public transportation costs the equivalent of US $ 26. However, if we only want to use it once we can pay for a simple trip by spending a single dollar.
If you prefer to travel by taxi here I leave the approximate prices:
- Flag Drop – $ 0.81
- 1 km by taxi – $ 0.78
- 1 hour journey – $ 6.90
These cheap prices are due to the fact that a liter of gasoline in Trinidad and Tobago only costs $ 0.59.
- Do you like to stay in shape? I warn you about the high prices of gyms: around $ 52 to pay a month’s gym.
- Internet is a little cheaper, because for $ 38 you will have broadband.
- If you have at least $ 8 in your wallet, you can enter a movie theater; Of course, not counting the price of popcorn and soft drinks (about $ 5 more).
- The nurseries will ask you about $ 280 per month to enroll your child.
- We must also highlight the high cost of clothing. For example, Levis jeans can cost you up to 70 dollars. How they pass!
The cost of living in Trinidad and Tobago would be between 640 and 800 dollars (US) per month:
Now we hope you have good knowledge about how much it costs to live in Trinidad and Tobago.