Do you have the decision taken to move to Turin? In this article we will try to help you as much as possible. So that you have an approximate reference of the budget that you will have to manage to be able to arrive at the end of the month, we have created this post in which you will know the cost of living in Turin.
How much does it cost to live in Turin every month
Between 450 and 650 euros per month is necessary to rent on your own an apartment with a bedroom. In case you go with more people, you should know that renting a 3 bedroom apartment on turinese ground is equivalent to 800-1,100 euros per month. Obviously, you will also have to pay the bills that you receive related to the expenses of the apartment, about 115 euros more.
Now let’s see what the prices of the hotels are like:
- Hotels (cheap) with double room = From 45 euros per night
- Downtown hotels (good valuation) = From 110 euros
- Luxury hotels = From 220 euros per night
13 euros is the minimum amount you will spend to eat in a restaurant in Turin, and not be luxury, 30 euros is the most you will ask. Are you interested in something cheaper? Many Erasmus students often go to Mcdonald’s and places like this to avoid having to pay so much; if you do like them with 8 euros you will have enough to eat.
If you go to a “supermarket” in Turin, the prices on this list will closely resemble those you will find:
|Water (1.5 liters)||€ 0.34|
|Milk (1 liter)||€ 1.30|
|Beer (0.5 liters)||€ 1.37|
|1 kilogram of veal||€ 15.90|
|1 kg of rice||€ 2.12|
|1 kg of tomatoes||€ 2.05|
|1 kg of potatoes||€ 1.08|
|1 kg of apples||€ 1.64|
|Dozen eggs||€ 2.65|
To move around in Turin without having a vehicle, you have 2 options: public transport or take a taxi. In the event that you opt for the former, you should know that a one-way trip will cost you € 1.70. If you are going to use public transport more than 25 times a month I recommend that you buy a monthly subscription (43 euros).
If you decide on the second option, it is likely that you will spend around 10 euros, € 4 on the flag down and € 6 on the way (15 minutes).
“€ 1.60 is equivalent to a liter of gasoline in Turin “.
- More expenses you’ll have: put broadband internet, 30 euros per month.
- With no less than 550 euros per month you can register your child to a childhood center.
- In case you want to go to a movie theater you should spend 9 euros at the entrance, and 5 or 6 more if you want to order a menu that includes soft drinks + popcorn.
- You can register to a gym, but they will make you pay about 38 euros every month (fee).
- Shoes that are well-known brand can cost between 75 and 80 euros a pair.
The cost of living in Turin is between 1,070 and 1,275 euros per month:
|Rent + floor expenses||500 – € 680|
|Leisure and unforeseen||€ 280|
You already have a clear reference of how much it costs to live in Turin.