Pros and Cons of Living in Orlando. Located in the state of Florida, specifically in the region known as Central Florida of Orange County, Orlando is a city with a temperate and almost tropical climate, with the lowest temperatures of 26ºC, as it is close to the Caribbean Islands and the best beaches in the United States. Throughout this article we will give you information about what it is like to live in Orlando.
Many come to this city enchanted by the dream of Disney, and after a fabulous vacation they decide to start their life there. For being a tourist area, prices are not always so cheap, but if you search in the indicated areas you can get a house with two rooms and two bathrooms at $ 140,000, or one with 3 rooms and a bathroom for $ 197,000. However, you must first locate the most economical areas (according to your budget), decide if you are going to buy or rent, if it is a fixed or seasonal residence, and finally, find the one that suits your needs.
Pros and Cons of the Best areas to Live in Orlando
- Phillips: It is a modern neighborhood with a great diversity in restaurants and famous shops, known for standing out in security and for its great educational system. It is very expensive, but if you are looking for quality of life and excellent routines for your life in Orlando, this is your place.
- Metro west: It is known for the diversity of cultures that inhabit it; you can find houses and apartments of varying sizes and prices according to your needs.
- East Orlando: Home for students at the University of Florida. It is a young and diverse neighborhood, the only drawback is that sometimes has a somewhat mobile traffic.
- Lake Nona: It is a mixture of golf courses attracting different socioeconomic level Currently they build the Medical City, the University of Central Florida of the School of Medicine, a hospital for veterans and a park of 500 acres of science and technology, giving greater prestige and quality of life to the neighborhood.
- Meeting Resort: It is an urbanization known as Four Corners because it is between four counties. It is the best neighborhood to buy, since it is close to the amusement parks. Within the urbanization they have spa, water complex, tennis courts, restaurants, cafes and various places of entertainment.
Advantages of immigrating to Orlando
- It has a warm climate that alternates between rain and sun throughout the year.
- It has more than 600 km of beaches, where you can walk and sail in its waters.
- It is one of the cities with the lowest cost in the country due to not having income taxes.
- Being close to the most famous amusement parks, it will only cost you to invest 10 minutes to get there and have incredible memories.
- The interaction with different cultures, because at the moment the population of the state of Florida is almost immigrant in its majority.
Disadvantages of life in Orlando
- Although we said that it has an excellent climate, it is important to clarify that the city is attacked by hurricanes, floods and typhoons without prior notice, as the weather may vary.
- The transport system is expensive and somewhat inefficient in connections, because there are places that you cannot reach by public transport.
- Most of the jobs to be devoted to tourism are temporary, and you need to work more than 3 months a year to be able to get your residence permit in this city.
Now that you have more information about what it’s like to live in Orlando…!